- Board of Directors
- Conservation Advisory Council
- Diversity Advisory Council
- Renewable Energy Advisory Council
- Senior Staff
Energy Trust is recruiting candidates for two positions on our Board of Directors
December 31, 2019
Energy Trust board directors are non-stakeholder volunteers drawn from a variety of fields. Each board member brings independent perspectives and public, private or non-profit experience to provide strategic vision, policy development and budget management expertise.
To review details about our current openings on the Energy Trust Board, click here: Announcement – Open Board Positions – Jan. 2020
If you are interested in serving on our Board of Directors, please consider submitting a nomination:
Nomination Form – Open Board Positions – Jan. 2020
Nominations must be received by January 24, 2020 to be reviewed by the Board Nominating Committee. Multiple candidates will be interviewed for each open position.
The Conservation Advisory Council is comprised of interest groups and stakeholders with strong experience in energy efficiency. Each member is approved by the board Policy Committee. The council assists the board in developing the strategic plan, and assists staff with implementing key elements of the strategic plan, and the annual budget and action plans.
Board members in attendance:
All meetings are open to the public, and agendas and Conservation Advisory Council meeting notes are posted online.
The board-adopted charter for the Conservation Advisory Council is available in the March 2007 board packet.
Introducing the Diversity Advisory Council
The Diversity Advisory Council will provide advice and guidance to Energy Trust board and staff. Each member is approved by the board policy committee. The board-adopted charter for the Diversity Advisory Council was developed by community leaders with expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion and is in the July 2019 board packet.
The council meets multiple times throughout the year. All meetings are open to the public, and agendas and notes are posted online.
The Diversity Advisory Council is an ongoing, standing forum, whose main purpose is to:
- Provide input and feedback into the development of Energy Trust’s strategic plan, budgets and action plans, and annual business plans.
- Review and provide input on data analyses and data used to inform Energy Trust’s diversity, equity and inclusion work to ensure transparency.
- Review and assess Energy Trust’s progress toward its diversity, equity and inclusion operations plan goals and adoption of a diversity, equity and inclusion lens.
- Identify opportunities for advancing Energy Trust’s diversity, equity and inclusion work.
- Identify topics, issues and connections for Energy Trust board and leadership consideration to inform their decision-making and work.
- Support the board and staff in their efforts to achieve and maintain diversity by advising the board on board member selection processes, and recommending and nominating members.
Want to join the Diversity Advisory Council?
Energy Trust is recruiting six open positions on our 11-member Diversity Advisory Council. To ensure broad representation from across Energy Trust’s service territory, four of the six openings will be filled with members who reside outside of the Portland metro area. Energy Trust serves Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista and Oregon and Washington customers of NW Natural.
Applications can be submitted at any time. Applications for the current open positions should be submitted by October 10, 2019 and emailed to the Diversity Advisory Council staff liaison at DAC@energytrust.org. For questions, call 1.866.368.7878.
The Diversity Advisory Council has 11 members. The council members bring a number of demonstrated characteristics:
- Expertise in racial equity, diversity and inclusion
- The ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse perspectives and experiences
- Interest in energy efficiency and renewable energy programs, services and impacts
- The ability to bring perspective on the geographic and demographic diversity of the region
Council members are appointed to a three-year term. They are eligible to be reappointed to a second term. Energy Trust welcomes applications for participation on the Diversity Advisory Council on an ongoing basis, and all applications received will be retained and considered for future vacancies on the council.
Diversity Advisory Council
A Foundational Diversity Advisory Council developed the charter for the Diversity Advisory Council. Energy Trust is currently recruiting Diversity Advisory Council members and will update this list in fall 2019.
The Renewable Energy Advisory Council is comprised of interest groups and stakeholders with strong experience in renewable energy. Each member is approved by the board Policy Committee. The council assists the board in developing the strategic plan, and assists staff with implementing key elements of the strategic plan, and the annual budget and action plans.
Board members in attendance:
All meetings are open to the public, and Renewable Energy Advisory Council agendas and meeting notes are posted online.
The board-adopted charter for the Renewable Energy Advisory Council is available in the March 2007 board packet.