The Administrative Intern will learn to be the first point of contact for energy program participants, vendors and the general public and therefore dependability, consistency, and positive attitude, ability to react to changing priorities and the ability to be professional at all times is a must. This position is the primary Receptionist for the Energy Trust office, and provides back up functions for the Office Assistant. This position provides staff support to enhance office efficiency and facility maintenance while providing administrative support.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and direct visitors while answering and routing incoming calls in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Maintain and distribute conference room calendars.
- Distribute incoming/outgoing mail and maintain postage system.
- Monitor and maintain professional appearance of the lobby, conference rooms, shared work rooms and lunch room areas.
- Support workroom and kitchen stock levels and ordering process.
- Support Office Assistant with requests for conference room event coordination, room assembly.
- Assist with procurement activity for Purchase Orders and Credit Card procurement requests.
- Support Onboarding team with administrative tasks.
- Support Administrative staff with setup of conference rooms for Board and Advisory Council meetings with meeting room assembly, distribution of meeting agenda and materials, coordinating catering, and re-set of rooms after each meeting.
- Assist with floor maintenance and requests by contacting property manager regarding building operations, maintenance, repairs and improvements.
- Back up the Office Assistant in all facets of office administration and facilities management.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- High School diploma and/or college/graduate level coursework in business, or other relevant experience/degree.
- One year of customer service experience in office administration preferred.
- Experience operating multi-line phone system.
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software (Visio preferred).
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and proven customer service orientation.
- Demonstrate organized with ability to manage time efficiently while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with frequent interruption.
- Ability to lift/move boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently and as a supportive, contributing team member.
- Discretion handling confidential information.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
- This is a temporary part time position paying $14 per hour (not to exceed 1000 hours).
- This position is not eligible for company benefits.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Administrative Intern