Business Systems Analyst
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural and Cascade Natural Gas. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the Enterprise Applications Manger, the Business Systems Analyst analyzes, develops, implements, maintains and manages Energy Trust applications and data. This position also develops and delivers reports and supports users of Energy Trust’s data and systems.
The Business Systems Analyst serves as an integral part of the IT Department and, as such, may be called upon to perform other IT duties in addition to those detailed here.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes and documents how systems and databases are designed and how they currently function against business requirements.
- Works proactively with the users and IT staff to identify business requirements and to architect and implement solutions.
- Coordinates the activities of persons engaged in development projects.
- Manages projects using a standard project management methodology.
- Tests and deploys applications and changes.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploys reports to meet user needs.
- Fulfills data requests from users.
- Maintains accurate documentation on applications, data structures, queries, and reports.
- Performs proactive application administration and maintenance tasks to keep assigned applications functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Responds to user issues and finds solutions to resolve issues.
- Trains users and documents usage guidelines and procedures.
- Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner
- Minimum three years of previous experience as a business systems analyst or similar role.
- Five years of IT experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the information technology field- preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in systems, data and business analysis.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience writing T-SQL queries in fulfilling user data requests.
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS development.
- Experience developing a data architecture
- Ability to accommodate various data quality considerations
- Experience providing software-related customer support and training to a non-technical user base.
- Demonstrated ability to verbally, and in writing, communicate in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Experience managing small to medium size projects.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work off-hours and extended hours as needed to support IT processes and timelines.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Attn: Business Systems Analyst
Energy Trust of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.