GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Energy Trust of Oregon’s Industry and Agriculture group is seeking an intern to support the technical management functions of the Production Efficiency program in 2016. This position will appeal to undergraduates with a desire to work in energy engineering, energy efficiency, renewable energy, or other sustainability related fields. Through the internship, the intern will gain a detailed knowledge of industrial energy efficiency equipment and practices, make connections and gain experience in the energy engineering and energy consulting industries.
The Industry and Agriculture group is responsible for acquiring energy efficiency through customers of Cascade Natural Gas, NW Natural Gas, Pacific Power and Portland General electric. The group supports customer-sited projects through energy-use studies, technical assistance, opportunity identification and financial incentives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical review of industrial and agricultural energy efficiency projects at all stages of development, including custom engineering studies and calculated savings measures.
- Contribute to the design and deployment of a new, tablet-based scoping tool to support walk-through assessments of energy efficiency opportunities in industry.
- Ad hoc small projects to improve operational efficiencies within the program and group.
- Complete other projects as needed.
- Perform all duties of the job in a safe manner.
- Engineering course work, preferably in final 2 years of degree
- Basic understanding of energy engineering principles, including mechanical and lighting systems in Industrial or Commercial applications
- Self-starter accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and drive for quality
- Ability to coordinate numerous projects at once and work in an organized manner
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word software applications. Sharepoint and software application development experience a plus
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
- This is a temporary part time position paying $17 per hour, and is expected to continue for 3-9 months duration (not to exceed 1000 hours).
- The start date is flexible, although it could start as early as mid-January.
- This position is not eligible for company benefits.
- Applications accepted for up to 30 days.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com.
Attn: Engineering Intern – Production Efficiency
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.