Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista. In 2016, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for performing day to day HR operations and works closely with the HR Manager on implementing the strategic plan for the HR team. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: job analysis, recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, leave administration, performance management and reporting. As a HR team member and valued business partner, the HR Generalist will plan and lead special projects designed to improve the efficiency and impact of the HR team and provide excellent service to internal stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage most aspects of the hiring process for the majority of open positions including development of position descriptions, recruiting, interviewing, assisting with final selection of employees to fill open positions and generally providing expertise and guidance to hiring managers throughout the full cycle of the hiring process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with staffing agencies, local universities and community organizations to source and attract diverse and qualified applicants to join Energy Trust.
- Manage the onboarding program to equip, train and integrate new employees into the Energy Trust work environment and culture.
- Provide an overview of benefits and manage the enrollment process for all new hires.
- Responsible for employee benefits administration including processing enrollment changes, reconciling and processing monthly invoices, answering benefit related questions, assisting employees with any claim issues and coordinating the annual open enrollment process.
- Assist with administration of the annual performance management process, including communicating deadlines and tracking documentation to ensure compliance.
- Assist the HR team in optimizing the HR team’s utilization of technology including the HRIS, self-service functionality for employees and managers, the Applicant Tracking System, mobile applications, the HR intranet page on SharePoint, and other related HR systems and applications.
- Ensure HR operations are in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Answer employee questions regarding the employee handbook and HR policies.
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the HR section of the intranet.
- Manage all aspects of the employee leave process, including OFLA, FMLA, STD, and LTD.
- Generate standard and custom HR reports as needed.
- Plan and coordinate staff events including summer and winter social functions.
- Regularly review employee suggestions and make recommendations to the HR Manager for appropriate follow-up.
- Document and regularly update standard operating procedures related to day-to-day administration of the HR function.
- Lead and/or actively participate in HR projects including those related to diversity and inclusion, automating/streamlining processes, employee engagement and compliance.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- No direct supervisory responsibility.
- May supervise Interns and contractors on an ad hoc basis.
- Act as point of contact and provide direction to HR contractors and staffing agencies.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferred, not required.
- 5 years of relevant experience as an HR generalist.
- 3 years of recruiting experience, with strong preference for experience recruiting diverse candidates for professional level positions.
- Comprehensive practical working knowledge of all applicable federal and state employment laws.
- HRIS experience (experience with ADP’s Workforce Now system is a plus).
- Proficiency using MS business applications including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience working with Sharepoint is a plus.
- Customer service orientation. Approachable and responsive to all employees. Willingness to collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with managers and provide expert HR support as a valued business partner.
- Ability to manage HR process improvement projects and serve as an active participant on cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com.
Attn: Human Resources Generalist
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.