Marketing Intern - Programs
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve the customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position provides support for the marketing team responsible for promoting Energy Trust’s energy efficiency programs to homeowners and businesses, as well as renewable energy programs, across Oregon and SW Washington. Primary duties include fulfillment of collateral requests for events and event coordination support, presentation review, copyediting, content creation, and the coordination and routing of marketing projects submitted for review. The Marketing intern will also be responsible for performing administrative tasks, including invoicing for creative services, events and sponsorships and other tasks as required. This position may appeal to undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a degree in Marketing or a similar field.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative support for the program Marketing teams, including entering and tracking submissions in the custom SharePoint tool for marketing projects.
- Compile marketing collateral and provide logistical support in preparation for marketing events.
- Provide administrative support, including meeting coordination and scheduling, set-up and tear-down of meeting spaces, materials preparation, and note taking.
- Assist internal staff and creative service contractors to track and route marketing materials to support Energy Trust’s programs.
- Assist in the review and feedback process on materials created externally, coordinate with in-house marketing and communications staff; schedule photo shoots for marketing projects and provide logistical support for web and video projects as needed.
- Work with the Marketing team on coordinating bill insert, newsletter and web content for the residential sector, including assisting with content creation and copyediting, track annual editorial calendars and plans, gathering and organizing stories/content prepared by external sources or internal staff, and coordinating with web team and other stakeholders on content distribution.
- Support the production and publication of market-facing newsletters and blog content for commercial and industrial sectors, including tracking editorial calendars, gathering and organizing stories/content prepared by contractors, handling logistics for customer consent and reviews, copyediting and reviewing, and coordinating with web team on email tests and final distribution.
- Assist with sponsorships and events (including Big Checks) for Energy Trust’s programs, including tracking tabling needs and fulfillment of marketing collateral requests, coordinating staff for tabling, coordinating staff registrations and providing logistical support. Gather and organize feedback from program staff to evaluate future event participation.
- Review marketing presentations for accuracy and consistency with brand guidelines.
- Assist with purchasing / contracting tasks for the procurement of creative service contractors, including tracking invoices and providing administrative support.
- Performs job duties in a safe manner.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, or recently graduated (within 1 year)
- Past experience in the essential function areas is preferred, but not required
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Administrative/clerical skills including data entry
- Ability to effectively work independently, in a team, and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects at once and manage deadlines
- Proficient in data entry and general computer use, Microsoft CRM systems, SharePoint and other database applications
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is preferred
- Experience with Adobe is preferred (not required)
- Experience with event planning or meeting organization is preferred (not required)
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this internship. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- This is a temporary, part-time internship, 20-30 hours per week that is not to exceed 1,000 total hours worked
- Compensation is $14 per hour
- This position is not eligible for company benefits
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Marketing Intern – Programs
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. www.energytrust.org/about/careers/