Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the Operations Lead – Energy Programs, this position will assume lead responsibility for CCS specific data, program data used in public reporting and the use of all data systems. The Operations Analyst manages and leads the analysis, production of reports and visualization of data to increase productivity and expand staffs’ abilities to strategically analyze and use information to design and manage their functions. The Operations Analyst assumes ownership of core data entities with the responsibility of standardizing definitions, documentation, content, quality, security and value throughout the organization.
The Operations Analyst will be called upon to provide representation, project management and leadership on large standalone projects that will impact and improve data, systems and operational efficiency within the organization and our contractors. The Operations Analyst will be the primary liaison for the sector with the IT department, and will work across the organization to define, develop and implement improved tools for information management, visualization and analysis. The individual in this position provides technical business systems support and leads data and process improvement efforts for improved management, implementation and marketing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Forecasting, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Provide customer and results data and QC data for external or internal reporting, including ad hoc data mining and regular quarterly program activity reporting
- Define and implement tools that increase productivity, and expand ability in CCS to strategically analyze and use information to improve operations
- Work closely with IT, Finance and Planning departments to maintain reporting standards and lead resolution of issues
- Analyze and interpret historical project and program data to help guide program design, set goals and develop more accurate budgets
- Oversee project data updates from contractors, prepare dashboards, project pipeline reports for regular forecasting of the organizations progress towards annual goals
- Provide program data and QC data for external or internal reporting, including ad hoc data requests and regular Quarterly program activity reporting
- Utilize available applications and tools to develop self-service reports, dashboards, and visualizations to improve program staff efficiency and access to information.
Operations / Data System Management
- Manage analysis of historical customer, trade ally, project and program data to help guide customer outreach, strategic planning, communications, marketing efforts and other organizational initiatives.
- Provide ownership and stewardship of database entities through creation and maintenance of data definitions, documentation of business rules, development and monitoring of standard metrics to track data quality, and leading data clean-up and standardization efforts.
- Manage and QC and processes around data used for external and internal reporting, including ad hoc data requests and regular activity reporting.
- Provide technical assistance and training to staff and manage contractor use of data systems to ensure data systems are being used as intended and that changes in systems or practices are effectively implemented by program staff and contractors
- Manage data-related quality assurance and quality control improvements
Lead for IT systems strategy and integration for group
- Power user of all IT systems for CCS, currently including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Project Tracking, Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Management Studio, SharePoint, Microsoft PowerPivot and XML integration/support
- Identify and lead enhancements to Energy Trust IT systems and other software to improve customer service operations, reporting, online transactions and other CCS functions.
- Interface with Energy Trust IT systems and other software to improve public reporting, project tracking, customer and stakeholder relationship management, trade ally network management and utilization of enterprise data
- Serve as representative on Business Systems Prioritization Team to triage requests for new development, unify priorities and equal access across the organization, assist in testing of new development, and lead related change management efforts including monitoring and reinforcement.
- Proactively work with IT department staff and in cross-organizational workgroups to ensure solutions are available and effective, representing group needs of information systems integration
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner
- This position has no direct supervisor responsibilities
- This position may direct the work of interns and/or contractors
- Undergraduate degree (engineering, science, economics, finance, business, or computer science preferred) or equivalent experience – preferred.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience such as in energy programs, business analysis, project evaluation, project management, technical customer support or commercial design/construction/development
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large data sets; interest and skill in data visualization, including producing compelling charts and graphs
- Ability to learn and master Energy Trust data systems and reporting tools
- Professional, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical and mathematical aptitude, detail-oriented
- Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams
- Successful experience in achieving resolution or agreement when there is disagreement, conflict or an unclear path forward.
- Successful experience in systems, data and business analysis and systems testing
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team environment. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite, especially Excel. Strong knowledge of Microsoft software desktop and database applications, with proficiency using SQL, XML and Power BI.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com.
Attn: Operations Analyst
Energy Trust of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer.