Outreach Manager – Eastern Oregon
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Eastern Oregon Outreach Manager maintains a regular schedule of outreach activities in Eastern Oregon (Morrow, Umatilla, Wallowa, Union, Malheur and Baker Counties) to ensure a high level of awareness among stakeholders, customers and contractors. As a regionally-based position, the outreach manager engages with Energy Trust program and contractor resources assigned to serve this region, handing off leads generated through outreach activities, and establishing best practice for effective coordination. The Outreach Manager supports marketing and public relations activities, launches new outreach initiatives, and maintains knowledge of events and forums in the region. This position is able to broadly represent Energy Trust, including current customer offerings. The Outreach Manager is an important resource for Energy Trust programs and support teams for consultation on program delivery and design in this region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders in the region, including municipalities, tribal governments, associations, trade groups, media, businesses, community groups and utilities, as well as local organizations with parallel missions to Energy Trust.
- Maintains effective and productive relationships with local utility contacts who provide outreach or energy efficiency information to customers and stakeholders. This may include providing updates and event and activity information or joint presentations.
- Assists Energy Trust staff in understanding local developments that could potentially impact program delivery or help Energy Trust meet savings or generation goals. Serves on local groups taking on energy efficiency or renewable energy development initiatives.
- Serves as a member of the Energy Trust outreach team and supports the development of policies, practices and tools that result in effective coordination of outreach activities; utilizes Energy Trust’s Customer Relationship Management system for documenting outreach activities.
- Provides first-stop information and advice on energy efficiency and renewable energy to customers and contractors seeking a local resource, and transitions that lead to the most appropriate resource at Energy Trust.
- Recommends memberships and maintains contacts with local civic organizations, such as rotary clubs or chambers of commerce, to provide updated Energy Trust materials and information and engage local leaders.
- Establishes effective methods of coordination with program outreach staff and Portland-based staff, via remote methods and use of coordination and tracking tools.
- Identifies relevant community events for Energy Trust participation, such as energy fairs, county fairs, home shows, solar/green home tours and trade shows. Engages in these opportunities through staffing, organizing events, referring the outreach opportunity or participating in event steering committees.
- Develops and delivers presentations to various audiences on Energy Trust, its programs, services and impact in the region, including chambers of commerce, local government forums, conferences, and other venues.
- Conducts outreach to local contractors to facilitate greater participation.
- Serves as a spokesperson for local media and pitches media stories to local outlets.
- Identifies communication needs such as fact sheets, photography, case studies, newsletter articles, or other documentation pertinent to the region, and plans engagements and events for Portland-based staff and board visiting the region.
- Locates training or meeting facilities, facilitates or leads trainings, understands and takes advantage of webinars or other methods of providing remote access to information.
- Stays current on Energy Trust goals, program design, and contractor engagement.
- Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Role may require coordination and training of interns, program field staff and community representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree (communications, public relations, or related field) – or equivalent experience – preferred.
- 5 years of experience deploying outreach strategies with an emphasis on energy efficiency or renewable energy development.
- Strong connections in Eastern Oregon and knowledge of the region, its key stakeholders, opportunities and perceptions of energy efficiency and renewable energy development.
- Experience working with utilities on outreach activities.
- Awareness of community events and relationships with associations and other groups in the region that would be targets for presentations/tabling.
- Experience planning, organizing and coordinating large-scale community initiatives and events and mobilizing resources to achieve success.
- Strong sales or customer service skill background with experience directly assisting customers at events and in other settings.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy development programs, Energy Trust cash incentives, state and federal tax credits and other available funding is preferred.
- Experience working with local contractors to support their energy efficiency and renewable energy development business practices.
- Experience tracking and reporting customer and stakeholder relationships in a data management system.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word software applications, and familiarity with SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Strong writing and communications skills, as well as experience presenting to large groups.
- Experience serving as a spokesperson and working with the media.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Customer service and skills experiences. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Attn: Eastern Oregon Outreach Manager
Energy Trust of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.