GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Energy Trust of Oregon’s Planning Group provides the technical analysis, operational insights, forecasting and regulatory guidance that shapes the near- and long- term decision making of Energy Trust staff and management.
We are recruiting a part-time/temporary Planning Intern to support projects related to improving our resource modeling and providing in-depth program research and analysis.
- Assist Planning staff in analysis and reporting of programs and customer participation data
- Assist in the research and reporting of Energy Trust annual savings and costs
- Assist with development of measure specific deployment curves for our long-range forecasting activities
- Conduct and report on savings, incentive and cost-effectiveness trends for Energy Trust programs.
- Provide administrative support to Planning staff including data entry, extraction, and cleaning; organization of electronic files; assistance with events; and note-taking.
- Complete other projects as needed
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program focused on finance, economics, planning, public policy, mathematics, business, or architecture.
- Interest in learning about energy efficiency and renewable energy policy and implementation. Past experience in these areas is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Classroom or work experience with developing supply and demand curves, resource economics, and statistics is preferred but not required.
- Some level of comfort working with SQL writing queries and/or qualitative data analysis software (R, SPSS, SAS, Stata, GIS) is preferred, but not required
- Self-motivated and independent
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects and effectively collaborate with others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
- This is a temporary part time position paying $16 per hour (not to exceed 1000 hours).
- This position is not eligible for company benefits.
Attn: Planning Intern
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to firstname.lastname@example.org.