Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve the customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista, and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Energy Trust of Oregon’s Planning Group provides the technical analysis, operational insights, forecasting and regulatory guidance that shapes the near- and long- term organizational decision making. The group also assists with program, market, and strategic planning and reporting out savings and generation achievements
The Planning Intern will support projects, at the direction of the Planning group, related to improving our energy efficiency resource forecast modeling, providing in-depth program research/analysis, and policy research/tracking related to Energy Trust’s goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and improvement of energy efficiency resource assessment forecast models. Tasks may include:
- Market research and utility data analysis to update data inputs for the model.
- Assist the development final energy savings targets.
- Updating measure level inputs with the most up-to-date data available.
- Researching and assessing ways to more effectively and efficiently utilize internal data for modeling purposes.
- Assist Planning staff in analysis and reporting of programs savings, cost and participation.
- Cost-effectiveness research and analysis, including researching non-energy benefits related to energy efficiency savings.
- Policy research and tracking.
- Provide administrative support to Planning staff including data entry, extraction, and cleaning; organization of electronic files; assistance with events; and note-taking.
- Complete other projects as needed.
- Performs job duties in a safe manner.
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, an undergraduate or graduate degree program focused on economics, planning, public policy, finance, mathematics, business, or data science.
- Interest in learning about energy efficiency and renewable energy policy and implementation. Past experience in these areas is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Classroom or work experience with resource economics, statistics, and/or developing supply and demand curves is preferred, but not required.
- Some experience working with SQL writing queries and/or qualitative data analysis software (SPSS, SAS, Stata, GIS) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with the programming language R is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI is preferred, but not required.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects and effectively collaborate with others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work independently, in a team, and with people of diverse backgrounds.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- This is a temporary, part-time internship, 20-30 hours per week that is not to exceed 1,000 total hours worked.
- Compensation is $18 per hour.
- This position is not eligible for company benefits.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com.
Attn: Planning Intern
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.