Project Manager – Renewable Energy
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, and Avista, and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Project Manager – Renewable Energy is responsible for building a pipeline of new biomass, biogas, geothermal, hydro, or wind energy projects, including engaging in outreach efforts, evaluating renewable energy project proposals and making incentive award recommendations. This position will manage associated contracts and contractors. This individual will provide input regarding budget and strategy, keep accurate records within organizational business systems, and respond to customer inquiries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build a pipeline of viable renewable energy projects using non-solar renewable sources, including biogas, biomass, geothermal, hydro, and municipal owner community-scale wind power.
- Conduct outreach activities that present program offerings to businesses, government, industry and agricultural audiences. Visit customer business locations when appropriate.
- Conduct reviews of proposed renewable energy projects for technical feasibility, financial merits, and adherence to program and Energy Trust requirements. Make incentive award recommendations.
- Oversee the work of contractors.
- Manage contracts for approved projects to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Respond promptly and professionally to inquiries from customers, providing technical assistance, problem-solving and positive resolutions.
- Assist program managers in developing of annual budgets, strategy, goals, and policies.
- Effectively use Energy Trust’s existing business systems and track project progress and results.
- Ensure program materials and website content are up-to-date and consistent with Energy Trust messaging guidelines.
- Manage program activity to stay within established budget parameters to meet program goals.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- This position will direct the work of external contractors as necessary in the course of project due-diligence reviews and other efforts.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (engineering, science, economics, business, finance, architecture, or environmental science preferred) or equivalent experience – preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project evaluation, project management, project development or design, or the ability to translate skills to such.
- Technical aptitude or experience in renewable energy or energy efficiency preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a critical member of a team.
- Professional, concise written and verbal communication skills and ability to present technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to learn complex tracking software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software applications.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Project Manager – Renewable Energy
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.