Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista Natural Gas. In 2016, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Senior management position responsible for directing the strategy, design and implementation of all Energy Trust Industrial and Agricultural energy efficiency programs. Reports directly to the Director of Energy Programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership in planning, organizing and managing the development and implementation of all Energy Trust Industrial and Agricultural energy efficiency programs and initiatives.
- Provide strategic direction to programs, translating organizational direction to clear deliverables including:
- Defining the structure of market approaches to achieve energy savings.
- Designing the structure of internal program management and external delivery contracting to achieve savings targets.
- Coordinating with utility key-accounts management and Energy Trust renewable energy offerings.
- Guiding sector managers as they respond to market changes, define new directions and develop initiatives.
- Lead the negotiation of complex multi-year contracts and oversee sector program contracting process. This includes overseeing RFP process, scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, and execution of the contracts through staff.
- Oversee annual energy efficiency program budgets of approximately $40 million.
- Oversee the annual budget development and approval process for the sector’s major program initiatives, ensuring that budgets are allocated among sector initiatives in accordance with multiple funding restrictions for energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Hire, direct, mentor and manage sector staff of at least 7 employees, including direct supervision of program and technical managers.
- Perform fiduciary oversight to ensure programs and delivery contractors are performing within board approved budgets and policies.
- Work on behalf of Energy Trust, in coordination with senior management, to inform regional energy policy agendas.
- Ensure efficiency programs and initiatives are adopted by the Board of Directors, and then managed to produce the expected results in a timely manner within budget.
- Direct development of department reporting activities. Present information to the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, legislators and other external parties.
- Ensure effective and positive inter-department collaboration and activity coordination.
- Represent Energy Trust interests with national, state and regional stakeholders, and regularly give persuasive presentations at public events. This includes but not limited to:
- Ensure coordination with related Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance initiatives.
- Serve on national, state and/or regional stakeholder associations’ boards.
- Represent the Energy Trust at periodic meetings with the Oregon Department of Energy, the Oregon Public Utility Commission, Bonneville Power and local utilities.
- Coordinate with utilities on key customer-accounts and with Energy Trust staff in the Renewable energy.
- Prepare and present sector information, recommendations and quarterly results to the Conservation Advisory Council and, as requested, to the Energy Trust Board.
- Provide input and direction for organization as requested by executive management team.
- Ensure appropriate participation in and responses to program evaluations and measure-level, benefit-cost analyses.
- Ensure program innovation is accomplished in a coordinated, intentional manner where tests are well designed and provide solid, reliable conclusions.
- Coordinate with planning and evaluation functions to identify and pursue market research and pilot programs in support of new business development and sector activities.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- Supervise Industry and Agriculture Sector managers and staff.
- Provide mentoring and support to senior level supervisors.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Energy Manager credential, or similar, within 18 months of accepting position.
- Demonstrated 8-10 years of experience in energy program development, oversight and management. Experience in business-focused programs preferred. Master’s degree or MBA can substitute for some experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in all phases of hiring and managing contractors, from internal approval of funding, writing scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, to managing the execution of the contract.
- Demonstrated 5 years of experience in negotiating and managing complex contracts.
- Demonstrated ability in business financial analyses, including constructing and applying investment criteria, payback rules or pro forma modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to define strategic market directions and translate these to a coordinated set of program goals, actions, approaches and key indicators.
- Knowledge and experience with analyses of efficiency measures for savings, costs and cost-benefit metrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business models, up-stream product delivery and market transformation efforts.
- Ability to define, direct and utilize technology and market analyses.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Strong analytical, writing, and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and contractor personnel management skills.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Relocation assistance available.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com.
Attn: Sector Lead – Industry and Agriculture
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion
in the workplace.