The Planning Project Manager is responsible for employing data analysis techniques to develop and deliver technical assessments that support forecasts, policy studies, cost-effectiveness determinations and resource estimates for use in determining Energy Trust goals, utility resource plans, and investments. Important duties in this role include preparing reports, managing process improvement projects and responding to information requests to support decision making. The Planning Project Manager works cooperatively with utilities, program managers, and contractors, and peer organizations to achieve agreement on assumptions, goals, funding needs, program plans and market strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and enhance the information framework to provide support, tracking and reporting for Energy Trust’s programs.
- Analyze and perform quality control on complex datasets.
- Facilitate the evolution of Energy Trust market activities to maximize organizational performance by interacting and negotiating with key stakeholders including utilities and other Energy Trust groups.
- Identify and manage contractors to deliver analyses and reports.
- Develop internal systems for tracking program funds and performance that allows attribution to Energy Trust’s multiple funding sources in alignment with the individual performance requirements and oversight regimes of each system.
- Develop and maintain efficiency resource supply estimates used in long term planning,
- Work with utilities to support their Integrated Resource Planning modeling by providing them with forecasts of potential program activity that determine Energy Trust funding.
- Interpret resource supply estimates and IRP models to help programs understand resource availability and identify new opportunities.
- Develop and recommend efficiency and renewable program design and marketing options based on emerging trends in technologies and markets.
- Make public presentations and facilitate discussions regarding resources, market assessments, financial performance of programs, and program and performance metric options.
- Perform cost-effectiveness analysis of selected efficiency measures, programs and portfolios.
- Support above market cost analyses of renewable resource options.
- Maintain and enhance key assumptions used in our cost effectiveness models and determinations.
- Maintain and enhance decision record for cost-effectiveness determinations.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc reporting of Energy Trust program performance through shared primary responsibility for this function by rotating lead designation with coworkers.
- Practice continuous process improvement by noting, recommending and implementing adjustments to our processes that make us more efficient.
- Perform all job functions in a safe manner.
This position will obtain services of and direct the work of contractors, and will also direct the work of interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or another field involving quantitative analysis and/or policy analysis. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years related experience.
- One year experience with renewable and/or efficiency programs is preferred.
- Experience with applying basic engineering concepts in a pragmatic way to support investment decisions, preferably in the energy efficiency/renewable energy area.
- Ability to manage and analyze complex datasets including applicant experience in employing statistical analysis techniques to analyze measure/program performance and related characteristics to inform program strategy and decision making.
- Skills to do a combination of project management, policy compliance determination, communications and coordination, documentation, and detailed data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage and deliver complex technical projects, including project direction, contractor management, quality of technical analyses, and production of clear decision documents.
- Ability to work analytically while remaining focused on developing strategic decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. In particular, ability to analyze complex technical issues and succinctly convey conclusions, inferences, and applications in general terms understandable to diverse technical and public audiences.
- Proven experience applying resource economics to make investment decisions in energy efficiency and renewable resources.
- Ability to manage technical contractors and interns.
- Understanding of the energy regulatory framework and energy sector market fundamentals impact on efficiency planning is preferred.
- Capability to design and implement complex spreadsheet analysis tools.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams through coordinated projects.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume, and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Planning Project Manager
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion
in the workplace.