Sr. Project Manager – Renewable Energy
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, and Avista, and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Sr. Project Manager – Renewable Energy has responsibility for developing and managing a strategic component of an Energy Trust of Oregon renewable energy program, evaluating complex renewable energy generation projects and making funding recommendations. Included in the role is designing and launching new program initiatives, leading the modification and re-design of program initiatives, evaluating technical project proposals for possible funding and serving as a liaison with contractors and customers to facilitate project development and completion.
This position will manage associated budgets, contracts, contractors and coordinate outreach, accounting and invoicing, reporting and evaluation processes. The Sr. Project Manager – Renewable Energy provides senior technical support to programs, evaluate projects and initiatives, makes recommendations for changes, builds consensus to implement changes, applies results of evaluations and analyses to make recommendations on project approvals, and supports the development and implementation of promotional materials and outreach strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage a strategic component or ongoing initiative within a program designed to meet Energy Trust’s renewable generation goals. Incorporate understanding of market barriers.
- Manage an annual budget of approximately $0.5 – $2 million or more for projects and/or program initiatives within the Other Renewables program.
- Assist in development of strategy and budget for Other Renewables program.
- Manage contractors to achieve program and sector goals.
- Manage evaluations of projects and studies proposed for funding and make funding recommendations to internal review committees, the Renewable Energy Advisory Council (RAC), board committees and board.
- Assist with the development of project funding contracts and manage those contracts after approval, ensuring deliverables are attained and fiduciary standards are met.
- Meet with customers to develop information on markets, market barriers, and project development needs. Apply learnings to program strategy.
- Assist in development and execution of RFPs or competitive solicitations for projects.
- Coordinate initiatives with other Energy Trust efficiency and/or renewable resource programs, providing technical assistance and training to other program staff and contractors.
- Present program offerings in public settings; write and present reports to advisory committees, public groups and to the Energy Trust governing board.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- This position will oversee the work of contractors, suppliers and/or vendors as necessary while managing specific programs and other efforts. The Sr. Project Manager will work jointly with other staff on coordinating efforts as a team leader.
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering, science, economics, finance, business, environmental science or architecture preferred) or equivalent experience – preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in managing program initiatives or project management.
- Minimum three years of professional experience in project evaluation, technical customer support or design/construction/development (direct experience with at least one renewable energy technology preferred).
- Understanding of energy project development, engineering and/or finance.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with parties that may have divergent interests.
- Ability to oversee contractors, project developers and equipment installers.
- Strong communication, mathematical, and technical skills.
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Customer service experience and skills.
- Skills to be able to perform combinations of project management, policy compliance, detailed data analysis and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word software applications.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Sr. Project Manager – Renewable Energy
Energy Trust of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.