Special Training on Ventilation for High-Performance Commercial Buildings
- This event has passed.
Energy Trust is pleased to partner with Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA), BetterBricks, to offer a complimentary special training on ventilation best practices for design and installation in high-performance buildings.
Training topics will include:
- Understanding HRVs, ERVs, cross flow and counter flow, and wheels
- Best practices for a range of building types
- Sizing, selection and specification guidelines
- Ventilation standards for today and the future
- Duct design and control options
- Controls for CAV, DCV and VAV glow options, and building control integration
- Retrofit opportunities using DOAS and high-performance heating and cooling
Training Approved for 6 CEUs by the Practicing Institute of Engineering (PIE) and American Institute of Architects (AIA). Certificates will be issued at the end of the course for self-reporting CEUs to additional organizations.
About the trainer:
Barry Stephens, Ventacity Systems Inc., an ASHRAE Member
Since March 2016, Barry has worked with Ventacity Systems Inc., a manufacturer of very high performance, Passive House-certified HRVs. Prior to joining Ventacity, Barry spent 15 years at Zehnder America Inc., a Swiss-based world leader in HRVs. There he led the introduction of Zehnder systems to North America, including Solar Decathlon teams, NZE homes and Passive House projects.