Gas Furnaces in Rentals
$550 cash incentive
If you own a single-family rental property in Oregon, you can receive a $550 discount on your invoice when you install a high-efficiency gas furnace in your rental. Upgrading to a high-efficiency gas furnace benefits you and your tenants with improved tenant comfort and reduced energy and maintenance costs.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
Select a contractor and have the work done.
To receive an Energy Trust cash incentive, contact a qualified energy-efficiency-trained Energy Trust trade ally contractor.
Receive your incentive upon installation.
Your contractor will apply your $550 incentive as a discount to lower your project cost.
Gas furnaces in rentals: $550
Your Energy Trust incentive will be paid directly to your trade ally contractor, who will deduct the incentive amount from your invoice, reducing your out-of-pocket expense. Please note that incentive amounts must not exceed the cost of your improvement project, and you are responsible for paying the balance of the invoice.
To qualify for this incentive:
- You must be the owner of a single-family rental property (manufactured homes also qualify).
- The gas furnace must be installed by an approved Energy Trust trade ally contractor.
- The gas furnace must be a high-efficiency model rated at 90 percent annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) or higher.
- The home must not be owner occupied.
- Furnace must be home’s primary heating source.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
Incentives are not intended to influence consumer decisions on fuel sources.
Tips for Renters
If you rent a single-family or manufactured home, talk with your landlord or property owner about installing a new furnace. You can also download this flyer and give it to your landlord to start the conversation.
Give us a call at 1.866.368.7878.