Energy Trust can provide and install energy-efficient LED bulbs, faucet aerators, showerheads and advanced power strips in multifamily dwelling units all free of charge for qualified properties. These simple upgrades can help reduce energy consumption and regulate expenses for both owners and residents.
How do I get started?
This service is for owners and managers of multifamily properties only. To request an appointment to receive these free, energy-efficient upgrades at your property, fill out the form under the Details tab.
Schedule your appointment
If you own or manage a multifamily property, request an appointment in the Details tab to receive these free, energy-efficient upgrade.
An Energy Trust representative will install free energy-saving products in as little as five minutes per unit. LED bulbs use 85% less energy that incandescent bulbs, while energy-efficient showerheads and faucet aerators use up to 40% less water.
Benefit from savings
Energy-efficiency upgrades can reduce costs and improve comfort.
Tell us about your property
Take a few moments to answer some basic questions about your property and we’ll follow up with details to schedule the installation.
Yes. This service is available at no cost to customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista. Learn more about participating utilities here.
The following multifamily building types are eligible to receive free instant savings upgrades:
- Attached residences, such as duplexes, triplexes, and fourplexes
- Side-by-side units with no residences above or below, such as a townhome
- Stacked structures with five or more dwelling units, such as an apartment or condominium building with two or more stories
- Campus living, such as dormitories and sorority and fraternity housing
- Assisted living properties
- Common areas including those managed by homeowner associations
Yes. Visit our Condos and Townhomes page for more information.
Dwelling units may receive:
- LED Bulbs
- Energy-efficient LEDs will replace standard incandescent bulbs. This includes tenant’s personal lamps, tenant-controlled outdoor lights, reflectors and candelabras. This does not include specialty bulbs or lighting in low-use areas such as closets. Qualifying common areas may also receive LEDs.
- Showerheads and Shower Wands
- Pressure-compensated devices that use less water without affecting water pressure will replace showerheads and shower wands that use more than 1.5 gallons per minute.
- Faucet Aerators
- Energy-efficient aerators will replace kitchen faucet aerators that use 2.0 gallons per minute or more and bathroom faucet aerators that use 1.5 gallons per minute or more.
- Advanced Power Strips
- One advanced power strip per television will be left in each unit. These power strips regulate energy consumption by shutting off power to devices not in use.
No, CFLs are already considered an energy-efficient lighting option.
Yes, we provide property management with a pre-installation letter which is required to be posted at least 24 hours in advance on resident doors.
A representative from your property will escort Energy Trust field technicians into individual units where we will install these upgrades. Our field technicians do not handle any of the keys to a unit and are accompanied at all times.
The average installation time in each unit is five to ten minutes.
We can serve up to 100 units in a day.
No, our installation hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We can work around your schedule to find a time that works best for you.
Yes, the pre-installation letter provides the option for each resident to opt out of the service.
No. We do not remove any items from the unit. Our field technicians will leave any replaced items in a central location in each unit, or in a container provided by property management for removal from the unit.
No, our field technicians will bring everything they need for the installation process.
No, our field technicians must install all equipment personally to verify that they have been installed correctly.
Lower energy use and reduced operating costs are the biggest benefits to your property.
- LED bulbs use 85 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs and can last up to 15 times longer than standard bulbs, depending on daily use.
- Energy-efficient showerheads and faucet aerators use up to 40 percent less water compared to standard fixtures and save energy without impacting water pressure.
- Advanced power strips reduce energy waste by not providing power to secondary devices when the primary devices are turned off.
In addition to the savings benefits, the longer lasting energy-efficient equipment means that on-site maintenance teams will have more time to tackle more pressing site issues instead of dealing with minor tasks like replacing bulbs.
The total amount of savings varies by property size, however one of our program representatives can come out to your property and conduct a free walkthrough survey to identify potential savings estimates and additional opportunities for savings.