Energy use is a cost of doing business for every type of enterprise. It can also be a strategic asset—one that can be managed to boost profits. Energy Trust of Oregon can help your staff identify significant cost-saving opportunities and implement Strategic Energy Management to capture the savings for years to come.
SEM can provide training for your facilities team to improve operations and engage employees. Working with energy experts from Energy Trust, staff can develop skills to identify operations and maintenance changes – many of which can be accomplished at low cost– that can make a big difference in a building’s energy use.
What types of businesses can benefit the most from SEM?
- Campuses with multiple buildings and building types
- Customers with a large portfolio of buildings and a range of building types
- Buildings with complex energy systems
To learn more about SEM call 503.445.2475 or email commercialSEM@energytrust.org.
Participants in SEM can learn to:
- Implement ongoing operations and maintenance practices
- Reduce total annual energy costs between five and 10 percent
- Identify and prioritize capital improvements or process changes that lead to more savings
- Justify additional resources to energy management as a result of demonstrated success
- Overcome barriers to efficiency
- Boost employee engagement to contribute to sustainability goals
- Embed SEM principles in your company’s operations
What to expect
SEM cohort members participation includes:
- Monthly workshops detailing energy management components and individual business considerations
- Technical support and coaching from energy experts
- State-of-the-art tools and templates for energy management
Qualify for the cash
Energy Trust can provide cash incentives for electric savings ($0.02/annual kilowatt hour saved) and natural gas savings ($0.20/annual therm saved) through operational and behavioral improvements. Additional incentives may be available for participants who complete capital energy improvement projects identified through their SEM efforts.
Watch the videos below to learn how these organizations are putting strategic energy management to work in their facilities: