Electrical Safety Awareness
- This event has passed.
Help your organization work safely with electrical systems and equipment. Attend this half-day class to help you reduce costs and improve worker safety.
This class will help you:
• Understand the hazards of working with & around electricity, including arc flash, arc blast, electrical shock & overhead power lines
• Learn how an effective electrical safety program can reduce costs, improve worker safety & provide regulatory compliance
• Understand what is required to comply with key elements of NFPA 70E Standards and OSHA Requirements for an electrical safety program
• Understand the difference between “qualified” & “non-qualified” personnel & how personnel can achieve “qualified” status
• Evaluate electrical personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
• Develop a strategy for evaluating arc flash & shock hazards
• Walk away with a “hit list” of items to help improve worker safety and comply with mandates and regulations
This class is ideal for any employee who works with or around electricity.
Gary P. Larkins, President, Advanced Power Solutions/PowerSafetyPROTM
Gary is a licensed Electrical Supervisor with over 25 years of experience in power system analysis, testing, design consultation, training & commissioning. He is the primary author of the PowerSafetyPRO™ Electrical Safety Program template, used by organizations across the US for the basis of their written electrical safety program.
Free to PGE commercial and industrial customers. Others may attend based on space; fee will apply.