Strategic Energy Management (SEM) helps multifamily property managers and residents evaluate their energy use by providing the tools and education to start saving energy now and continue saving energy over time. Improving energy efficiency is one of the most effective ways to lower monthly utility costs; saving money that can be reinvested back into the property and residents.
As an SEM participant, you will benefit from the expertise of a dedicated energy coach who will help evaluate your energy use and teach you strategies to reduce energy consumption and improve building operations. The cohort-style offering provides participants with a network of similar organizations to share experiences, ideas and energy-saving best practices. You will earn cash incentives based on the energy-saving actions completed by your staff and residents.
Here is how SEM works:
- Build an internal energy team. An energy coach (energy performance expert) will train your staff on identifying energy waste and areas for operational improvements.
- Make a plan. Energy coaches and your energy team will establish a customized energy plan based on how staff and residents use energy.
- Engage your residents. Residents will have access to educational materials, workshops, gift cards and giveaways to encourage energy-saving behaviors in their individual unit and in common areas.
- Monitor progress. Work with your energy coach to track your energy performance and share progress with residents.
- Repeat. Evaluate and refine your plan to reach maximum energy savings.
By participating in SEM, your staff and residents will be able to apply learnings to identify opportunities to reduce energy waste and incorporate more environmentally sustainable actions into everyday life. Participation results in significant, long-term energy savings and you will receive incentives for completing energy-saving actions!
Your property management team is working with Energy Trust to save energy and create a more environmentally friendly living space. Property staff will be coached by energy performance experts on identifying ways to improve energy use around your property. However, much of the energy consumed in your building comes from the individual homes, so they need your help! Taking small actions can make a big impact on overall energy savings and lead to lower monthly energy costs and a more comfortable home.
Participants will receive energy-saving tips, free workshops and prizes. And as an added bonus, your property management team will share energy saving progress so you can track your impact!
Here are links to the energy saving resources that have been distributed around your property: