Site Visits: ‘Zero Energy Ready’ Homes
- This event has passed.
These homes will provide outstanding energy performance thanks to high performance features and systems that will significantly reduce power demands and allow rooftop solar PV to supply all the energy that will be needed for the homes.
Attend these tours of one under-construction home and one recently completed home and learn what it takes to achieve the ‘Zero Energy Ready’ standard. You will get a first-hand look at what features go into these homes, gain helpful resources, and learn the variety of ways to communicate the health, comfort, savings, and durability benefits of high performance homes to clients.
‘Zero Energy Ready’ homes are approx. 30% more efficient than code built homes on average. These homes would achieve a ‘Zero Energy’ standard with the addition of an average-sized solar system. ‘Zero Energy’ is a home that generates as much energy on site as it uses over the course of a year, making it essentially require zero energy. Learn more here.
These homes will feature several highly efficient, environmentally friendly and healthy home characteristics:
- Advanced building envelope and air tightness
- High efficiency mechanical systems (ductless heat pump, HRV, tankless hot water heater)
- Pre-installed solar PV capacity
- Low/No-VOC (volatile organic compound) materials and products
- Recycled insulation and locally sourced materials
- Stormwater control
- Efficient water fixtures
- Additional durable, high quality materials and features
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x20.