Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) – Module 5: Health, Materials, and Water
- This event has passed.
This course provides an in-depth look at the rationale for designing and building a healthy indoor environment while conserving natural resources. Participants will explore various health implications associated with design, material selection, and construction methods. Innovative water conservation strategies and construction waste management strategies with also be analyzed. Most importantly, successful integration of these strategies will be emphasized during activities, course discussions, and site visits to two high performance home projects.
- Day 1: Guest speaker presentation
- Day 2: Two site visits to certified green homes
- Document health risks in a home and list healthy and efficient alternatives to traditional materials and technologies.
- Analyze various building materials using various green criteria and identify local and regional sources for optimum material selection.
- Practice a holistic materials approach concerning health and life cycle assessment.
- Explore strategies to improve water conservation both within a home and on site, and to optimize a site’s stormwater management.
Want to learn more? This Health, Materials & Water course actually forms Module 5 of our interactive 6-month Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) accreditation course.
Our expert instructor, Stephen Aiguier (President & Founder of Green Hammer, Certified Passive House Consultant), has innovated and implemented cutting edge high performance building practices to advance the national standards of green building. Stephen has been invited to speak in front of thousands of people at every major green building conference in the United States, and he regularly blogs for the Daily Journal of Commerce and Sustainable Business Oregon. In 2011, he was named one of Portland Business Journal’s “40 Under 40”, and as one of Sustainable Business Oregon’s Top 10 Sustainable Built Environment Leaders to Watch in 2012.
Questions? Contact Ryan LaPoma at email@example.com or 503.968.7160 x25.