Find out how you can get more from your energy
Evaluating your home’s current energy use is the first step to discovering upgrades that can boost comfort and lower monthly bills. Once you determine which energy improvements you’d like to make, Energy Trust can provide cash incentives to help you complete your projects. Here are a few ways to get started:
Online Home Energy Review
A free, easy tool that takes less than 10 minutes to complete. You’ll receive:
- An estimated calculation of your home’s current energy use
- Customized recommendations for energy-saving improvements you can make at your own pace
Free Energy Tune-Up for Manufactured Homes
Whether you own or rent your manufactured home, Energy Trust can help you find a trade ally contractor who can evaluate your home to see if you qualify for the following free improvements:
- Air and duct leakage testing and sealing
- Lighting—installation of up to 10 LED light bulbs
- High-performance faucet aerators—up to two per bathroom and one in the kitchen
- High-performance showerheads or shower wands—one per bathroom
Who is eligible?
You must live in Oregon and heat your home with electricity or natural gas provided by Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista. If you do not own your manufactured home, the property owner or manager must approve the services before any improvements can begin.
How to participate
Your manufactured home must be pre-qualified before the evaluation can begin. To pre-qualify your home and receive a list of approved Energy Trust trade allies in your area, call us at 1.866.368.7878.
Get a Solar Proposal
Our solar trade ally contractors can help you decide if solar energy is right for your home. In many cases, you can receive an initial analysis without a face-to-face meeting.
We’ll put you in touch with a trusted contractor who can:
Request a bid
- Assess your home’s solar potential, often without a site visit
- Provide a bid with estimated annual energy generation and utility bill savings, plus your costs after incentives and federal tax credits
- Install your solar electric system
- Explain maintenance and warranty details
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Assessment
For the most in-depth analysis, schedule a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR assessment. This comprehensive three- to four-hour home assessment is led by a specially trained contractor who uses diagnostic state-of-the-art equipment to assess, test and evaluate all components of your home’s health, safety and energy performance. Cost varies by Home Performance contractor. You’ll receive:
Find a contractor
- A detailed home energy consumption report
- A comparison of your current energy costs and your potential savings when your home runs at peak performance
- Custom recommendations for improvements that can cut up to 30 percent of your heating, cooling and water heating costs
- A list of available cash incentives for the recommended energy-saving home improvements