Energy-saving features built right in
Looking at a new manufactured home is a smart choice for your budget, but looking for an ENERGY STAR®, NEEM+ (Northwest Energy Efficient Manufactured Home) or eco-rated™ certified home is even better. These homes are carefully constructed to deliver greater savings, comfort and value.
Incentives to help you save:
Talk to your retailer about homebuyer incentives from Energy Trust of Oregon. If you purchase a qualifying certified home you may be eligible* for the following incentives:
ENERGY STAR: $500
*Home must be sited in Energy Trust service territory and serviced by one of the following utilities: Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
What’s in an ENERGY STAR home?
ENERGY STAR certification requires specific built-in features that reduce energy use and increase comfort. Certified homes are far more efficient than homes built to code, which can save you hundreds of dollars a year on energy costs.
- Better insulation: Increased levels of insulation in the ceiling, walls and floors help keep your home comfortable year-round.
- Efficient windows: In an ENERGY STAR home, the windows have a lower U-factor, meaning they insulate better. More efficient windows are also resistant to condensation and moisture build-up, which helps prevent mold and mildew.
- Building tightness: Cracks around windows and doors, and holes drilled for plumbing and electrical are well-sealed to prevent your conditioned air from escaping the home.
Go further with a NEEM+ home
Neem+ is a manufactured home certification tier which goes beyond minimum code requirements. The upgraded thermal shell and added efficiency features of a manufactured home with NEEM+ certification can provide up to 30% more energy savings.
- Upgraded thermal shell: Increased insulation, an even tighter envelope and better performing windows than ENERGY STAR standards provides greater comfort and reduces noise.
- Energy-saving technology: Reduce your energy bill further with a smart, Wi-fi connected thermostat and efficient LED lighting.
- Third-party inspected: Durability measures such as house wrap and door/window flashing are verified in the production facility for correct installation.
- Efficient appliances: Increased electricity and water savings with an ENERGY STAR certified dishwasher and refrigerator.
Is my home eco-rated?
A manufactured home with eco-rated certification goes beyond ENERGY STAR standards.
The NEEM program awards eco-rated certification to manufacturers committed to environmentally responsible and healthier construction practices. These certified homes can lead to improved indoor air quality in your home.
- Healthier materials: Low or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) adhesives, caulks, and finishes and materials with limited formaldehyde content are chosen for better indoor air quality.
- Durability focused: Third-party verification ensures your home is built to last.