Pool and Spa
Energy Trust of Oregon offers cash incentives to reduce your upfront costs and make energy-saving pool and spa upgrades more affordable. Many energy-related pool improvements can increase air and water quality in your facilities.
To get started on your energy-efficient upgrade follow the steps below or contact a program representative.
Establish your eligibilityRead More >
- You must heat your spa with electricity provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power.
- Cash incentives are available to all Oregon multifamily attached residential properties with two or more units including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes; side-by-side units; and stacked structures with five or more units. For specific incentives based on your building type see the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Purchase qualifying equipment that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
We can help you get started.
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9 form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: A post-installation verification may be required.
|Outdoor Spa Cover||$100||
Spa must be located outdoors. Spa cover with air chambers must be at least 2 inches thick at all points; spa cover with a foam core must be at least 3 inches thick at all points. You must heat your spa with electricity provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power.
Spa cover should be one continuous piece, insulated to a minimum R-12.
Folding spa cover must have a hinge insulated to a minimum R-12.
|Commercial Pool Pump||$230||
Must be a > 0 to < 4 hp variable speed replacement pump that is self-priming and meets minimum Weighted Energy Factor (WEF) rating below.
Minimum WEF ratings:
For pumps without WEF rating, pump motor cannot exceed 50% of its maximum rated speed; any high-speed override shall be for a temporary period—not to exceed a 24-hour cycle without resetting to default.
|Condensing Pool Heater (Outdoor)||$3.50 per sq. ft.||
Must be a replacement gas-fired heater with ≥ 350 kBtu/h capacity, have a minimum thermal efficiency (TE) of 96% and heat a minimum outdoor pool surface area of 900 sq. ft. Covered pools and spas are not eligible.
|Condensing Pool Heater (Indoor)||$2.35 per sq. ft.||
Must be a replacement gas-fired heater with ≥ 350 kBtu/h capacity, have a minimum TE of 96% and heat a minimum indoor pool surface area of 1,350 sq. ft. Covered pools and spas are not eligible.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.