Save on water and energy bills by upgrading to energy-efficient water heaters. Replacing aging water heaters before they fail can reduce maintenance costs, allowing you to enjoy savings right away.
To get started on your energy-efficient upgrade follow the steps below or contact a program representative.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
- Property’s water heating must be provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power; or by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
- Cash incentives are available to all Oregon multifamily attached residential properties with two or more units including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes; side-by-side units; and stacked structures with five or more units. For specific incentives based on your building type see the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Find a trade ally contractor or work with your own contractor.
We can help you get started.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9 form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: A post-installation verification may apply for all equipment not installed by a licensed contractor. A post-installation verification may also be performed if your incentive amount is $3,000 or more.
|All property types*||Incentive||Requirements|
|Heat Pump Water Heater Tier 1||$150 each||
Eligible models must meet Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance’s Advanced Water Heater Specification. Tank must be less than 55 gallons.
|Heat Pump Water Heater Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 or Tier 5||$500 each||
Eligible models must meet Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance’s Advanced Water Heater Specification Tier 2 must be less than 55 gallons. Tier 3, 4 or 5 may be any size.
|Gas Commercial Tank Water Heater||$4 per kBtu/h||
Minimum 91% thermal efficiency.
|Gas Commercial Condensing Tankless Water Heater||$2.75 per kBtu/h||
Minimum 94% thermal efficiency, electronic ignition, input of 200 kBtuh or greater.
|Gas Recirculation Pump||$420 per system||
Install controls to turn the pump off when return temperature reaches 105°F and on when the return temperature falls to 100°F. To qualify, a building must have three or more levels (excluding basement), one primary recirculation loop, no existing recirculation pump controls and gas-heated water.
*Properties applying for incentives for water heaters must have water heating provided by a participating utility.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
An Energy Trust instant incentive is a cash incentive that is provided as an immediate discount on a customer’s invoice, rather than a cash-back incentive check after installation. To receive an instant incentive, purchase directly from a participating distributor.
- George Morlan Plumbing – Portland
- Stan the Hot Water Man – Portland
- Mesher Supply – Redmond
Participants receiving an instant incentive discount on equipment are not eligible to receive any additional Energy Trust incentives on same equipment.
Need Help? Contact Us.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.