Save on water and energy bills by upgrading to energy-efficient water heaters. Replacing aging water heaters before they fail can reduce maintenance costs, allowing you to enjoy savings right away.
If you own an individual condominium unit, townhome, duplex, triplex or fourplex in Washington, view available cash incentives for gas tankless water heater upgrades.
To get started on your energy-efficient upgrade follow the steps below or contact a program representative.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
- Property’s water heating must be provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power; or by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
- Cash incentives are available to all Oregon multifamily attached residential properties with two or more units including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes; side-by-side units; and stacked structures with five or more units. For specific incentives based on your building type see the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Find a trade ally contractor or work with your own contractor.
We can help you get started.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice.
- Participants receiving an instant incentive discount on equipment are not eligible to receive any additional Energy Trust incentives on same equipment.
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9 form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: For all incentive upgrades a post-installation verification may be required.
|All property types*||Incentive||Requirements|
|Gas Commercial Tank Water Heater||$3.00 per kBtu/h||
Minimum 94% thermal efficiency, input of 75kBtu/h or greater.
|Gas Commercial Condensing Tankless Water Heater||$2.25 per kBtu/h||
Minimum 92% thermal efficiency, electronic ignition, input of 200 kBtuh or greater. Integral tank volume must be less than 10 gallons.
|Domestic Hot Water (DHW) Recirculation Pump Controls||$100 per system||
Pump must be < 1/8 HP and control type must be aquastat, on-demand or learning controls and installed controls must meet applicable codes and regulations. Building must have central domestic hot water heating.
|DHW Recirculation Pump Controls||$500 per system||
Pump must be ≥ 1/8 HP and control type must be aquastat, on-demand or learning controls and installed controls must meet applicable codes and regulations. Building must have central domestic hot water heating.
|For stacked structures with 5 or more units only||Incentive||Requirements|
|Gas Condensing Tankless Water Heater||$300 each||
Installation of condensing tankless water heater with EF greater than or equal to 0.94. Input less than 200 kBtu/h. Must supply hot water to multiple units. Additional hot water storage tanks may not be added.
*Properties applying for incentives for water heaters must have water heating provided by a participating utility.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
An Energy Trust instant incentive is a cash incentive that is provided as an immediate discount on a customer’s invoice, rather than a cash-back incentive check after installation. To receive an instant incentive, purchase directly from a participating distributor or retailer.
- George Morlan Plumbing – Portland
- Stan the Hot Water Man – Portland
- Mesher Supply – Redmond
Participants receiving an instant incentive discount on equipment are not eligible to receive any additional Energy Trust incentives on same equipment.
Need Help? Contact Us.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.