$150-$250 cash incentive
Safe and easy to operate, high-efficiency direct-vent gas fireplaces provide heat directly to the interior spaces where they are installed. Direct-vent units are also easier to operate than traditional wood-burning fireplaces and offer better indoor air quality.
Energy Trust maintains a list of qualifying models for gas fireplaces, which includes inserts, zero-clearance gas units and free-standing gas stoves. It is recommended that you contact a retailer or trade ally contractor directly to see what type of fireplace is best suited for your property.
If you own an individual condominium unit, townhome, duplex, triplex or fourplex in Washington, visit our Washington Multifamily page to view available cash incentives for gas fireplaces upgrades.
To get started on your energy-efficient upgrade follow the steps below or contact a program representative.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
- Fireplace fuel source must be natural gas provided by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
- Cash incentives are available to Oregon multifamily attached residential properties with two or more units including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes and side-by-side units only. For specific incentives based on your building type see the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Find a trade ally contractor or work with your own contractor.
We can help you get started.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
Complete and submit an incentive application with supporting documentation.
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9 form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: A post-installation verification may be required.
Energy Trust limits the total amount of standard electric and gas incentives a customer site may receive per year. The incentive limit varies by utility:
- Portland General Electric (PGE) sites may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes PGE customers also served by NW Natural.
- Pacific Power sites may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes Pacific Power customers also served by NW Natural or Avista.
- NW Natural or Avista sites served by any other electric utility (not PGE or Pacific Power) may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year.
- Cascade Natural Gas customer sites:
- Served by Pacific Power and installing electric equipment may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year.
- Served by Pacific Power and installing gas or gas/electric equipment are not subject to an incentive limit.
- Served by any other electric utility (not Pacific Power) are not subject to an incentive limit.
|For side-by-side or duplex, triplex, fourplex properties only||Incentive||Requirements|
|High-efficiency direct-vent gas fireplace||$150 each||
70.0-74.9% FE with intermittent pilot ignition and be on Energy Trust’s qualified models lists.
|High-efficiency direct-vent gas fireplace||$250 each||
75.0% FE or greater with intermittent pilot ignition and be on Energy Trust’s qualified models lists.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change. Incentives are not intended to influence consumer decisions on fuel sources.
Need Help? Contact Us.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.