Rooftop Units and Controls
Energy Trust offers incentives for the installation of new rooftop units with manufacturer-installed advanced controls in multifamily buildings. These packaged units have all the components for heating and cooling in one place, making them easier to install and service. Plus, their placement on the roof maximizes indoor square footage for tenants.
Advanced Rooftop Controls (ARC) reduce fan speed during heating and cooling and can help building owners and operators can save money while making their buildings more comfortable.
To get started on your energy-efficient upgrade follow the steps below or contact a program representative.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
- Property’s heating must be provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power; or by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
- Cash incentives are available to all Oregon multifamily attached residential properties with two or more units including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes; side-by-side units; and stacked structures with five or more units. For specific incentives based on your building type see the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Find a trade ally contractor or work with your own contractor.
We can help you get started.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
Complete and submit an incentive application with supporting documentation.
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9 form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: A post-installation verification may be required.
Energy Trust is limiting the maximum amount of standard electric incentives a customer site may receive per year.
- Portland General Electric sites are limited to a maximum of $12,000 per site, per year.
- Pacific Power sites are limited to a maximum of $6,000 per site, per year.
|New Rooftop Unit with Economizer (Gas or heat pump heating)*||$30/ton||
Cooling capacity must be less than 54,000 Btu/h
|New Rooftop Unit with Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) (Gas or heat pump heating)**||$29/ton||
Must have economizer
|New Rooftop Unit with Variable Speed Supply Fan (Gas or heat pump heating)*||$100/ton||
Must have both DCV and economizers
|Advanced Rooftop Control (ARC) – Full retrofit||$50-$200 per ton||
For properties with 500 or more annual operating hours
Property served by a participating electric utility – $200 per ton
|Advanced Rooftop Control – Lite Retrofit||$100 per ton||
For properties with 3,500 or more annual operating hours
Property must be served by a participating electric utility
*The property’s electricity must be provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power.
**The property’s heating fuel must be provided by Portland General Electric, Pacific Power; or by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change. Incentives are not intended to influence consumer decisions on fuel sources.
Need Help? Contact Us.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at email@example.com.