$80-$250 cash incentive
Installing a smart thermostat can help you reduce energy costs and keep your dwelling comfortable year-round. Smart thermostats use sensors to tell when you’re away, and can be programmed to use your daily schedule and local weather information to make energy-saving temperature changes automatically.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
- Primary heat source must be electric forced-air furnace or a ducted heat pump with electricity provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power; or gas forced-air furnace with gas provided by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
- Cash incentives are available to all Oregon multifamily properties including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes; side-by-side units; and stacked structures with five or more units. See the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Find a trade ally contractor or work with your own contractor.
We can help you get started.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
Complete and submit an incentive application with supporting documentation.
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9 form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: A post-installation verification may be required.
Review the incentive application equipment specifications and requirements before starting your project.
|$80 per unit||
The incentive is available for units primarily heated by a furnace or ducted heat pump with fuel by participating utility. View qualifying models.
(contractor-installed, gas furnace heat only)
|$250 per unit||
The incentive is available for sites primarily heated by gas furnace and receiving electric service from a participating utility. View qualifying models.
Incentives are subject to funding and availability may change. This offer cannot be combined with Energy Trust’s smart thermostat instant coupon or the heat pump advanced control incentive.
Not sure which thermostat is right for you? Compare features of the two most popular smart thermostat brands below.
|Adjust thermostat from phone||✓||✓|
|Amazon Alexa built-in||✓|
|Annual energy savings||✓||✓|
|ENERGY STAR® certified||✓||✓|
|Monthly energy report||✓||✓|
|Occupancy room sensor included||✓|
|Remote temperature sensor||✓||✓|
See if your new smart thermostat is compatible with your home’s wires.
Set up your thermostat with ease
So long are the days of struggling to install your thermostat. With these quick and easy to follow installation videos, you’ll be saving energy in no time.
- ecobee SmartThermostat with Voice Control Installation Support
- Google Nest Thermostat Installation Support
- Google Nest Learning Thermostat Installation Support
Need Help? Contact Us.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at email@example.com.