Seal Air Leaks
$150 cash incentive in Washington
Sealing the shell of your home—outer walls, doors, ceiling, windows and floors—from air leaks is one of the easiest ways to increase energy efficiency. Sealing air leaks reduces drafts, controls moisture, keeps out pollutants and improves overall comfort.
Energy Trust also offers air sealing as a free service for residents of manufactured homes.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
Select a trade ally contractor and have the work completed.
To receive an Energy Trust cash incentive, contact a qualified energy-efficiency-trained Energy Trust trade ally contractor who is certified to perform an air leakage test.
Sign and submit your incentive application within 60 days of installation.
Your contractor may help you complete the form. Please allow six to eight weeks for incentive processing and payment.
Energy Trust recommends sealing air leaks to help reduce energy costs, make your home more comfortable and reduce indoor air pollution. There is no longer a standard Energy Trust incentive for sealing air leaks.
$150 per single family home
To qualify for this incentive:
- Your home must have been built in or before 1982 and have a pre-existing condition of nine air changes per hour (ACH50).
- Testing and sealing must be performed by technicians with Performance Tested Comfort SystemsTM (PTCS); Building Performance Institute (BPI), Residential Energy Analyst Program (REAP), or Performance Air Testing & Sealing (PATS) credentials and must comply with the current Existing Homes mechanical ventilation specification.
- Your trade ally contractor’s invoice or incentive application must list air leakage pre- and post-test numbers measured in cubic feet per minute at 50 Pa (CFM50); locations of sealed air leaks; and combustion appliance zone testing results.
- A minimum 500 CFM50 reduction must be achieved.
- Your trade ally contractor must install a UL-listed carbon monoxide detector when a combustion appliance exists in the home, garage or other attached space.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
Incentives are not intended to influence consumer decisions on fuel sources.
Give us a call at 1.866.368.7878.